Started Dec 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobORama
Senior MemberPosts: 1,685Gear list
Like?
Some Jigapixel Images of Artwork
Dec 24, 2013

I'm just about done shooting the super-high resolution chapel stained glass project I've been working on, a few need a re-do. Learned a lot along the way. But I've been turning the process at paintings, using some of my own for test subjects. The lighting is, to say the least, challenging. I've also been enhancing the zoomable viewer ( which I didn't write ).

Here are some examples, follow the links.  Of course you can click the images to zoom in to ridiculous extent.

400 megapixel image of oil painting, scene of the Arnhem Grand Tower , apparently pre WWII, any info from any our Dutch friends is appreciated.  I googled it, but would like to know more from a local.

250 megapixel image of recently restored oil painting, portrait of George Taylor Ettinger , c 1930's.

In terms of the viewer, I enhanced it a bit so that you can link directly to any view, including the split view. And preserve each viewer panels settings. For Example a couple specific crops of different stained glass panels.

All of the work so far is available here ... including 40 stained glass panels.

All of the work was shot with the K-5, all the high glass panels and the initial small ones with the smc-Pentax A* 300 / 4. I used the smc-Pentax M 100 / 4 macro for the artwork and some of the small panels.

If you love them or even if you hate them, it shows how panoramic techniques, using Hugin, and some careful shooting, and free server tools, can be used to make details, that few people would ever see, easily accessible.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +8 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow