Client wants to shoot alongside using their own camera ?!?!?!

Started Dec 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jeffbartee
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Client wants to shoot alongside using their own camera ?!?!?!
Dec 23, 2013

Hi -

Just posing a question to gather any thoughts that are out there. I was at a client's site for a catalog shoot (men's small gifty items). I am there with the owner and product manager. We are using natural light with reflectors to get our lighting where we would like it. I was doing most of the product set-up for the shoot, but the other two were offering siginificant input on staging/etc good, but also increasing the shoot time). I am halfway through the shoot, when my client pulls out his consumer grade dslr and starts shooting alongside me - both from my angle as well as others. I know my shots will come out far better - better camera, glass, editing, proper angles, etc. but I found myself bothered by this, especially when there were a couple of times where I was done and ready to move on, but he wanted to snap a few more. (He'd say don't wait for me, but at the same time I wasn't going to be so rude as to reach out and pull the item while he was trying to take a picture). Valued client, great guy, so I don't want to make them angry. (But I am getting paid on the number of items I shoot, not the time).

Has this happened to anyone else?

Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks!

jb

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow