Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Whois
Contributing MemberPosts: 563
Like?
12-32mm vs 12.35mm lens with GX7
11 months ago

Has anyone compared the Panasonic 12-32mm and the 12-35mm side by side (and in real life, not on paper) and what is their take on it? I really don’t know which to choose for my future GX7.

Here is where I am coming from: I use a Nikon D800 (and D700) with a whole bunch of lenses but also need something a lot lighter at times. I am not happy anymore with my LX3 and LX5 image quality so decided to go the M4/3 way and get a Panasonic GX7.
My natural tendency would be to go for the better option (12-35mm 2.8) but then I also remember that I am getting this camera for its lightness. If I want top of the line IQ I still have my Nikon gear.

Will I be happy enough with the 12-32mm IQ? How big is the difference and how much of a drop in IQ would I be seeing? I am willing to take a very slight drop in IQ (I am talking about IQ only – I realize and accept the differences in low light / subject isolation capabilities between the two lenses) but I am also pretty sure that I would not be happy with the 12-32mm if it only produced very average IQ.

If it makes any difference, I am a RAW only user.

Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow