Started Dec 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris R-UK
Forum ProPosts: 12,612Gear list
Like?
Random sort in LR?
Dec 23, 2013

My photo club is going to have a lighthearted competition in a couple of weeks time where everybody will be able to bring in 3 digital images and we will judge them on a knockout basis until only one image is left.  Images will be judged in pairs using a show of hands.

I have been looking at doing this in LR by loading all the images into a single folder and setting up a filter to show untagged images only.  "Losing" images can then be tagged "deleted" so that they are taken out of the film strip.

My problem is that I really want all the images to be sorted randomly before we start so that there is lessen probability of two images from the same person coming up against one another in the first round.  We might want to resort between rounds.

Does anybody have any suggestion as to how to do this?  The only one that I can think of would be to sort by capture time but that isn't exactly random and wouldn't allow for re-sorts between rounds.  Sorting by edit count would be an alternative but there might be a significant number of images with no edits.

I would be grateful for any ideas or other software suggestions.

-- hide signature --

Chris R

Chris R-UK's gear list:Chris R-UK's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow