Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
New Daddy
Regular MemberPosts: 463Gear list
Like?
GX7 doesn't feel as solid as GF1
8 months ago

Ever since I got my GX7, I've been in love with it. It ticks almost all the boxes that were not filled by my previous Panasonic m4/3.

Then, just today, I was sorting through my camera drawer and happened to take a good look at GF1. Boy, that is a really awesome-looking camera. And the build - it feels far more solid that GX7! Everyone says how GX7 is the rightful heir to GF1, but I don't know. GX7 has lots of bells and whistles, but its body looks more plasticky. (I tapped my finger on the chassis of each, and while GF1 definitely sounds like metal, I'm not sure about GX7. It may be plastic.) If Panasonic skimped on the material purely to save cost, it will be a shame.

Speaking of which, how does Olympus E-P5 feel, build-wise? More metal like GF1 or more plasticky like GX7?

New Daddy's gear list:New Daddy's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus TG-820 iHS Nikon D40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +7 more
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow