Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
letsgofishing
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Re: Why ETTR?
In reply to rare wolf, 9 months ago

rare wolf wrote:

letsgofishing wrote:

My experience is that parts of the sky blow out to white which I cannot recover in PP.

On the other hand, a "correct" exposure allows me to easily recover information in the dark shadow areas....am I doing something wrong?

When you state "PP", are you post processing the raw? If so, I'm surprised you cannot retrieve a little bit of the highlight information that would be lost in the OOC jpg. That said, it is all about the camera you're using and what it is determining as the correct exposure, and just how much you can over-expose and still retrieve lost highlights. E.G., for my E3, I dared not go beyond +2/3ev, but with my G3, I can sometime go 1ev above what the camera tells me is "properly exposed". It really is all about testing your camera with respect to what it is telling you is correct relative to what you can retrieve in raw development.

What camera are you speaking of, and what raw developer?

-- hide signature --

cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Cogito ergo zZOooOMm

Thanks for the reply.

Shooting with an EM5 in RAW only and processing in ACR....

letsgofishing's gear list:letsgofishing's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow