ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Zaax
Regular MemberPosts: 193Gear list
Like?
Please help me, I have GAS
10 months ago

Hi, my name is Zack and I have GAS.

It started so simply. I was not using my Nikon digital stuff at all. Had a D70 and a bunch of lenses (for the gory details of what I once owned go to http://www.dpreview.com/members/2089443060/gearlist and scroll down My Previous Gear). It was fun while it lasted.

I really hated carrying the weight around and was only using an a Sony P&S for a while. Here are examples that I shot with it:

In January of 2012 I bought a Fuji X100. When I first saw it advertised and reviewed I wanted one bad, REAL BAD. Thought that it was the coolest camera I ever saw (well after the Contax G2 but that was a film camera and I was no longer going to buy one of those). Hmm, a fixed focal length? That would force me to think a about composition a lot before shooting. And that it did! Got a LOT more keepers in the first year that I owned the X100 than I had for years with the Nikon stuff. Well that is just great! If I get an X-E1 then my photography should get better, no? A great sensor and lenses how could I go wrong? Sold all of my NIkon stuff to go 100% Fuji. Got the X-E1, the 18-55 zoom and the 35 f1.4. Hmm, found that it was nice but my keeper rate had gone down. The hell? The flexibility of the zoom is great but the X-E1 is nowhere as fun to shoot with as the X100. Bought the 55-200 zoom but just like the Nikon 80-200 f2.8 that I used to own rarely use it. Even bought the WCL-X100 adapter to turn the X100 35mm lens into a 28MM f2.0 lens. A few weeks ago I purchased the 14mm Fuji. Very nice lens and I do have some project planned for it.

However I still love the X100 most of all.

So there you have my sad tale. Why have the gods forsaken me and smitten me with GAS? Was I a bad person in a previous life? Did some Nippon god think me unworthy because I sold all of my Nikon gear? Please include me in your prayers tonight as I want the GAS to stop before the wife finds out what I spent in the last year. If she does I will really need your prayers and a safe house to hide in. Does anyone advertise those on the web?

-- hide signature --

Zack S
Shoshin ni modoru - go back and remember the feeling of being a beginner
Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/10025089@N05

Zaax's gear list:Zaax's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +13 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow