Who Here Uses Focus/Recompose with X Cameras?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876Gear list
Like?
Re: Who Here Uses Focus/Recompose with X Cameras?
In reply to bowportes, 7 months ago

bowportes wrote:

nixda wrote:

AustinB wrote:

Or do you prefer to set your focus points manually? I don't do much still life, and shoot lots of candid people shots. I'm finding the X-E1 EVF is lagging a little, and changing focus points is not as efficient as it was on past cameras I've had. For that reason I tend to prefer F/R, despite the issues it can present in any camera.

FWIW, I know the arguments against the technique with particular regards to DOF and focus accuracy. Just wondering what people's experiences and preferences are here?

I do use F/R sometimes, but only when there is no danger of the shifting focus plane affecting the image. For precise work I set the focus point explicitly. Also, for tripod shooting.

Regarding efficiency of setting the focus point, I cannot really see how it can be much more efficiently implemented than it currently is, except perhaps for having keys to move the box diagonally in addition to horizontally and vertically. What did you have in mind?

Try a Panasonic or Oly m4/3s camera that selects multiple focus points and then computes some kind of average... All instantaneously. Why does Fuji limit itself to a single focus point?

So that they can put it into the X-E4.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
I doNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow