X100s images from a Los Angeles recording session.

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg V
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
X100s images from a Los Angeles recording session.
9 months ago

Used my X100s to shoot a recording session for guitarist Mark Goldenberg (plays with Jackson Browne and ton of other artists) as he recorded songs for a new release. For this session he had Jay Bellerose (drums for Robert Plant, Alison Krauss, Ray LaMontange) and Jen Condos (bass for Ray LaMontagne, Don Henley)

Available lighting was terrible, (except the flash portraits of Mark) some 12800 ISO, but you do what you can with what you have. Was going for a classic, slightly gritty B&W look for many shots and IMO the low-light, high ISO noise added to the feel. I also used my Canon 5D MK3 with a 11-16 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 IS. But the X100s worked great for the closer work.

At the very end, I setup a single 43” umbrella with a Yongnuo 560 III flash triggered by the IR Wein Sync-Link to capture a few quick impromptu portraits of Mark. Aperture and Nik for PP. Also, the entire photo series can be seen on my website below.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Greg V.
www.gregvmusic.com

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow