What does the Df body style remind you of?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Cliff Fujii
Senior MemberPosts: 2,849Gear list
Like?
Re: What does the Df body style remind you of?
In reply to Luego, 11 months ago

If you are taking about Nikons from the 60's, then you are talking about the Nikon F.  I just weighed my Nikon Photomic F and it weighs 846g without lens.  The Df is a bit thicker but it's definitely lighter.  My Nikon F2AS from the 70s weighs 842g.  I think it's safe to say that the Df, at 710g is the lightweight full frame champ.  Remember, film bodies from the 60s and 70s had no grip.  To make things more awkward, the shutter release on the Nikon F was just above the film plane. This goes for the Nikon FTn also.  Talking about bending you fingers...yet we all got used to it.

I have mounted some of my heavier lenses on my Nikon bodies from the 70s through the 90s and with the exception of the F5, the Df is as comfortable to use as any of the legacy pro bodies.  Don't forget, most of the Nikon film cameras didn't have motor drives, so you had to add one to get the high speed that action photographers needed.  Those motors and batteries were heavy.  I remember lugging my F2AS and F3HP with motor drives around.  They were heavy and the skinny bodies didn't help at all.

-- hide signature --

Cliff

Cliff Fujii's gear list:Cliff Fujii's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon 1 V3 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED +47 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow