Started Dec 22, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AnalogJ
Regular MemberPosts: 411
Like?
Is It Me?? LX7 Sharper Than LF1?
Dec 22, 2013

I don't want to start a world camera war here, but I see those who post shots from the LF1 and the LX7, both with the same sensor, but it seems that that LX7 seem a bit sharper. Am I making this up? I own an LX7, but I know that there are those who prefer the longer zoom of the LF1, not to mention the greater compactness.

The thing is, I think of the LX7 and have been comparing shots from cameras both above it and below it. From higher end cameras, shots have depth and sharpness I associate with more "professional" level shots. Cheaper, smaller compacts often render nice shots, but lack the sharpness and sometimes depth. What impressed me about the LX7 is its ability, in most situations, to render shots I feel of really professional quality (and I'm not composition, of course).

The LF1 does have a longer zoom and is more compact, but is it at a cost? Even the higher cost Sony RX100, while doing some things better, seems to have some situations when it doesn't do as well as the LX7 and that could be in part due to having a larger sensor in a smaller camera, a physical limitation.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow