Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Aberaeron
Senior MemberPosts: 1,625Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 silent shutter potential downsides
In reply to Dave Lively, 7 months ago

Dave Lively wrote:

jpds wrote:

Other pictures at 800 ISO are excellent. Once at home the next morning, I tried to reproduce the issue and was not able to. So it must the combination of high ISO setting and of certain kind of lighting (fluo or whatever, it was the scene lighting system.

The banding will only occur with shutter speeds above 1/60 of a second and typically becomes really noticeable above1/100. At ISO 800 your shutter speeds were probably long enough to avoid the problem.

With standard 60 Hz fluorescent bulbs you should see about 8 bands from top to bottom. I am not sure what is causing the banding in the example you posted but I think it is something else.

I agree with that in its entirety. Electronic shutter is a great option for several reasons but it has its limitations. The third limitation is its incompatibility with flash.

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Nikon Coolpix P500 Fujifilm X20 Nikon Coolpix S32 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow