Started Dec 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mmmmmmmm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,652
Like?
Recent S5 (last night) portraits
Dec 22, 2013

It still amazes me just how good a portrait that can be taken with an old S5.  In fact, I prefer it to my D800 and D700 that I own.

My home town is more that 50% Hispanic.  Our Hispanic families prefer traditional backgrounds or, on the other hand, some really colorful backgrounds.  I had a lot of fun with this families children even though the little girl fought pictures the entire time.  We may have to retake the complete family pictures because the little girl didn't want pictures.  On the other hand, one of the girls wanted some portraits taken.  I just added a couple to show the detail with the S5.  I printed a couple of the prints to 16X24 and you would not believe the detail in the prints.  The large prints were very sharp - but not too sharp.  More like what I used to get with my RB-67s.  It's truly a shame that Fuji couldn't have continued developing the DSLR as they were years ahead of Nikon and Canon in color fidelity.

respectfully,

David Miller

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow