Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wulbert
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?
Best way to claim my free Fujinon Lens?
10 months ago

I've just bought an XP-1 + 18mm lens bundle. This (in the UK) entitles me to a free fuji lens.

The way it works is that you have to wait 2 weeks after purchase before submitting your claim. My suspicion is that Fuji make you wait 2 weeks because, by then, a fair percentage of people will forget to claim. My 2 weeks expired yesterday.

Given my suspicion that Fuji will not be bending over backwards to fulfil my claim, I am a bit reluctant to post my claim form and original receipt into the Xmas postal chaos. (There are several disclaimers in the free lens offer to the effect that "proof of posting is not proof of receipt",  lost claims, undelivered lenses, misdirected mail etc is not the fault of Fuji.)

I thought I would get round this by sending my claim form letter off as "Recorded Delivery" so that someone has to sign for it. However, given the time of year, Fuji's offices may well be empty and my letter would go back to the P.O. unsigned where it will await someone from Fuji going to claim it; which will never happen.

I'm thinking I should wait until after the New Year when the postal service is more normal to claim my lens.

My question is ; can anyone suggest a fool proof way of making sure Fuji gets my claim form and that this is recorded? (Given that Fuji may have little motivation in posting me a free lens).

I should add that my local postal service is pathetic. I never, repeat never get any parcels from ParcelForce. I  only get the little postacrd saying: "Sorry you were in, but I couldn't be arsed waiting the 30 seconds it takes you to get to your front door. You need to make a 2 mile trip to our offices to collect your goods and you need to wait until tomorrow and bring ID with you."

Also has anyone successfully claimed their free lens and did it go smoothly?

Sorry if I sound pedantic but this is a £500 GBP lens we are talking about.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow