Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vagtanklan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,314Gear list
Like?
Letting the A7 go
4 months ago

After a couple of weeks with the A7 it's time to let it go. As much as I have to admit that in some respects it's a great great little camera, I still could not really get it under my skin.

Last time I walked around I asked myself: Is this thing really worth 3times the price of a Nex-6? The answer to me is: no! It's not. For others the opposite might hold true.

In the end the NEX-6 transformed my ability to get great snapshots when I ordinarily only would have had the iPhone at hand - the A7 reversed that by needing that bigger bag, and generally demanding a little more attention considering what it costs.

Slim pickings in the lens department, and generally high cost for auxiliary extras swayed my opinion.

So for what I got for the A7 I got a killer deal on a Nikon dSLR package, and forked out a little extra to get a NEX-6 as a perfect walk around/travel companion.

RESET!

-- hide signature --
 vagtanklan's gear list:vagtanklan's gear list
Nikon D40 Nikon D3200 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +6 more
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow