Which to purchase Nikon D5100 or Nikon D3100 as a first time buyer of Beginer DSLR

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Umakant Gupta
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Which to purchase Nikon D5100 or Nikon D3100 as a first time buyer of Beginer DSLR
9 months ago

Hello,

This is Umakant Gupta. I want to purchase a new DSLR Camera as a beginner DSLR user.

After discussion between Canon and Nikon, I selected Nikon. Now I am in a middle of D5100 and D3100.

I went through review of both the models on the same site, I found the biggest difference is that the "Live View" button in D3100, which is not in D5100.

Can anybody please tell me how does "Live View" button helps or it matters while taking picture regularly everyday.

Which one to choose, if you would have to select between these two models. I can't afford D7000. If you think if there is any comparable model in others like Canon, Pentax or Olympus.

If you select D3100 then please specify the quality which is not in D5100 except the "Live View" Button.

Please do suggest.

I want to invest money in right product.

Hope you will help me!!

Thanks

Umakant Gupta

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Nikon D3100 Nikon D5100 Nikon D7000 Pentax EI-100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow