Started 11 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ali20
Forum MemberPosts: 85
Like?
Nice camera. However...
11 months ago

All the good things you read about this camera are true.  However, it did not work out for me.  I bought this camera because it reminded me of my father's Leica M3 which I used for 20 years. I wanted a range finder camera with today's technology, and I did not want to pay Leica prices for it.  I thought the X100s is the one. The reason why this camera did not work out for me is as follows:

1. I wear glasses. So my eye sits at a distance from the viewfinder.  I found the viewfinder too small for my eyes and my glasses.  I had to move my eyes around the viewfinder to see the peripherals of the internal display.  This was annoying.  I never had this problem with my Leica M3 or the few SLR's I worked with.
  2. The camera was too small for my hands. I had to handle it using my fingertips.  Again, I never had this problem with my SLR's.
  3. Battery is too weak.  This is a complaint shared by others on this forum as well.

In the end, I think you need to try this camera out for yourself to see if you like it.

ali20's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
acceptable
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow