Started Dec 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,930
Like?
NYC w/my new D610
Dec 21, 2013

Well, I gave up waiting for Nikon to release a much anticipated Pro DX D300 successor in a possible D400 and went full frame in purchasing a D610. I wanted a "bug-free" body with new tech, improved dynamic range and better high ISO performance, south of the D800. I am getting that with the D610. I recently sold some photos to a client who made them into a Christmas slideshow in the City & used that to help pay for this new SLR, as well as selling off a couple of DX lenses.

My D300 will be given to my Dad. He inspired me to become a photographer since I was a kid, with his 35mm Minolta XG-7 SLR. He's retiring to Palm Springs, CA for good.........so, he will be surprised when he receives it as he hasn't shot with an SLR in 30-40 years. I want to him to keep the mind busy with shooting the desert.

Anyway, here are my first shots with the D610 & either Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens or Nikon 85mm f1.8G.

A View Downtown

World Trade Center Sunset

Manhattan West Panorama

In Memory of Nelson Mandela

Shore View

-- hide signature --
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon D610 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | A
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow