Started Dec 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DezM
Forum ProPosts: 33,882
Like?
NYC w/my new D610
Dec 21, 2013

Well, I gave up waiting for Nikon to release a much anticipated Pro DX D300 successor in a possible D400 and went full frame in purchasing a D610. I wanted a "bug-free" body with new tech, improved dynamic range and better high ISO performance, south of the D800. I am getting that with the D610. I recently sold some photos to a client who made them into a Christmas slideshow in the City & used that to help pay for this new SLR, as well as selling off a couple of DX lenses.

My D300 will be given to my Dad. He inspired me to become a photographer since I was a kid, with his 35mm Minolta XG-7 SLR. He's retiring to Palm Springs, CA for good.........so, he will be surprised when he receives it as he hasn't shot with an SLR in 30-40 years. I want to him to keep the mind busy with shooting the desert.

Anyway, here are my first shots with the D610 & either Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art lens or Nikon 85mm f1.8G.

A View Downtown

World Trade Center Sunset

Manhattan West Panorama

In Memory of Nelson Mandela

Shore View

-- hide signature --
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon D610 Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow