Olympus E-M1 focus peaking is extremely laggy?

Started Dec 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,566Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus E-M1 focus peaking is extremely laggy?
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, Dec 21, 2013

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Clyzm wrote:

If I really need peaking, I'll just map a myset to one of the function buttons, but otherwise the image quality is just too close for me to spend $600 more on the E-M1.

You do not need to use a MySet to map any one function, such as focus peaking, to a MySet to have a function button control it. Just map that function to the function button. MySets are for use with a series of different functions that you want to change for a given purpose. I change about three different things to shoot moving subjects vs stationary one so I have a MySet to cover both of those situations so I don't have to change all three setting individually.

Further, you can set focus peaking to come on when you moving the manual focus ring so you don't need to occupy a function button with the focus peaking function.

You use my sets so that when you aren't using peaking you can keep the EVF on high speed refresh rate.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow