Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,910
Like?
NEX 6 dog, effective 3200
7 months ago

Here's a bow to the NEX 6's surprising performance in low light. To see what I mean though, you should view the second image in the Gallery at "original" size (which is still only 1400 pixels - gotta save bandwidth somewhere). I have a very nice 10.5X7 print of this, and could easily go to 11X14.

The original was shot at ISO 1600, available light, using the Sigma SEL30F28. The first small image shows how it looked when I opened it in ACR. Just brightening it to about + 0.95 and adding minimal sharpening produced the second image. No noise reduction was needed (though I often do use NR at 1600, and always at 3200, this frame didn't need it). Color was spot on, for this dog.

Every once in a while I am amazed at how well the NEX 6 handles higher ISOs - very much better than my Canon 50D DSLR.

(Yes, it needs straightening, etc - and yes, the composition is nothing to brag about. I just like to look at Merlin's face.)

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Canon EOS 50D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow