Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dickg1
Regular MemberPosts: 204Gear list
Like?
RX10 Off Camera Flash Cords
4 months ago

With my new RX10 on the way,  I'm now starting to look at flash units.  I'm considering the Sony 43M, 43AM or one of the similarly powered Metz units.

I do realize that with any unit other than the 43M, I will need to use the adapter from Sony and that is not a problem.

My questions however are these:  Since I always use a flash mounted on a Stroboframe bracket off camera with a synch cord to the camera's hot shoe, and the RX10's on board flash can't be used as a trigger, what synch cord do I need for the above listed flash units?

If I go with either of the two units which require the adapter (other than the 43M), do I need a second adapter for the cord itself?

FYI - I have no intention of buying any sort of radio trigger - I don't use the flash that much to justify the additional cost.

Finally, are there any other third party flashes I should consider such as Sunpak, Vivitar etc?

Thanks again

dickg1

dickg1's gear list:dickg1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +1 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow