Olympus E-M1 focus peaking is extremely laggy?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,672Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus E-M1 focus peaking is extremely laggy?
In reply to Clyzm, 10 months ago

Clyzm wrote:

If I really need peaking, I'll just map a myset to one of the function buttons, but otherwise the image quality is just too close for me to spend $600 more on the E-M1.

You do not need to use a MySet to map any one function, such as focus peaking, to a MySet to have a function button control it. Just map that function to the function button. MySets are for use with a series of different functions that you want to change for a given purpose. I change about three different things to shoot moving subjects vs stationary one so I have a MySet to cover both of those situations so I don't have to change all three setting individually.

Further, you can set focus peaking to come on when you moving the manual focus ring so you don't need to occupy a function button with the focus peaking function.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow