Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Your classic Nikon Lenses - my nominations 35-70 f2.8 AF, 105 f2.8 AF
11 months ago

I was reading the thread on Nikon classic cameras and someone made the point that lenses were our permanent friends deserving of classic status. Old cameras tend to stay in the cabinet, but old lenses continue to be used and loved. Do you still use your classic lenses?

Nikon 35-70 AF f2.8 - A very good performer that can be a good walk around lens alternative to the 24-70 f2.8 that is most popular today. I kept mine from the film days and still use it today. A good one of these on ebay can be had in the $300 range.

Nikon 105 micro f2.8 AF - The 105 micro has come out in various incarnations. This is a fine lens that keeps on getting upgraded to the latest technology.

Nikor 300 f4.5 ED IF manual focus - This one is not so much a classic, but I'd say fits into the oldie but goodie category. It occasionally comes in handy, especially on a DX body for longer reach. This still could be a good low cost ebay alternative, though the newer 80-400VR would be preferable along with a hefty price tag.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow