Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
John.Laninga
Senior MemberPosts: 1,778Gear list
Like?
GX7 WiFi observation
8 months ago

First, I have been using EyeFi for several years.  I've had some issues, but in general, they work well.

So I got the GH3, great, it had built-in WiFi!  Unfortunately, although I was able to do a remote shoot, the transfer was slow and problematic, and non existent to my Mac.

Figured the GX7 had to be better, but no, same issues.  Haven't even tried to send direct to my Mac yet, but repeated trials to send to my Nexus 7 has mixed results.

1. If you have many pictures, having to select each one by hand is onerous.  How come no "Select All"?
  2. Transfer rate is really slow, even in Direct Connect.  Much slower than EyeFi Direct.
  3. All JPEGs come over at about 50% of their on-card size, i.e., an image on card is 8MB, but after transfer to my Nexus 3.5MB.
  4. None of my RAWs made it across.

Either I just don't get it or else doing something wrong.  Anyone have better luck than I did?

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm XF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus E-M1 +5 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow