ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Digital Click
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
After Dpreview Df review, having doubts now
10 months ago

Hi All

Great review and appears very balanced. One of the most important things for me is also how the camera feels in your hands - the grip has to be right and balanced. Loved the D700 but it never worked well with me with the 24-70 f2.8 as lens was tot long and front heavy. The D5000 series too small but both great cameras. The D600 is ok but bettered with the grip and the my D3s is excellent though heavy.

It appears the Df, from this review and comments on there places does not have a very good grip excellent as it may be. I can't want to to actually handle one - the best feel in the hand Nikon for me was the D300s - just perfect but not full frame.

This may seem trivial to some but I have mild arthritis in both hands.

Also this ability to use older Nikon lenses… do people still crave after these older lenses? Surely they are much heavier, slower to focus etc.

Having said all that, is the price really drops sometime next year and the grip is ok with me or a add on grip makes it better, I would still consider it because of the weight factor and IQ performance equally at least that of the D4 low light wise. I regularly shoot between 800-10000 on my D3s for indoor events (auto iso) and love it the results!

Tan

Nikon D300S Nikon D3S Nikon D4 Nikon D5000 Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow