Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
One_Oldman_4U
Contributing MemberPosts: 928Gear list
Like?
Is it still "feasibe" to use...
7 months ago

... a "light/spot meter" or the the camera's sensor meter is good enough.

Back in the "Golden" days of film photography, I invested in a good light/spot meter when I used to shoot "slide films" as slides have very little latitude for over/under exposure. I used light/spot meter to increase my "keepers". If I can get at least 1/2 on 36 shot roll, I did good. Yes, I'm one of those that started from the "analog" days

With the advancement in the digital camera sensor (which is the heart of digital cameras), and every year or two, a new sensor comes out even better that the previous, would you say that the sensor's metering is good enough or better than a light/spot meter?

What's your take?

-- hide signature --

"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment."
Happy Shooting!
-- RiK --
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow