Just unwrapped a 12-40mm lens...wow is an understatement.

Started Dec 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,577Gear list
Like?
Re: Read before posting
In reply to Jim Salvas, Dec 21, 2013

Jim Salvas wrote:

Bob Meyer wrote:

There are three different people, with three separate lenses, all of which broke in exactly the same location, without sever impact (unless you believe all 3 are lying.

Jim Salvas wrote:I've seen this on three different sites and it's always the same guy, with the same incident. Lots of comments. Lots of clicks. But so far, no more incidents.

By tge the way, I just backed my Lexus into a telephone pole and the taillight broke. What sort of way us that to build a $45,000 car?

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

I only saw one, but I didn't have time to plow though 42 pages of comments on that site.

-- hide signature --

Jim Salvas

I think, from looking at the cut-throughs, that the 12-40 has a similar mount system to the 14-54, and I suspect, possibly the 12-60 as well. I haven't pulled my 12-60 apart to have a look. Neither of these lenses have a history of problems.

Therefore I think the likely explanation is that a batch of lenses may have had their screws overtightened during construction.

Therefore, I'm not concerned much at all about the lens breaking. I'll be buying one as soon as I can find one.

I'll also add that in the event I drop the camera and lens, I really, really hope the combo breaks there, and not anywhere else.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow