Just unwrapped a 12-40mm lens...wow is an understatement.

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
lambert4
Senior MemberPosts: 1,186Gear list
Like?
Re: Just unwrapped a 12-40mm lens...wow is an understatement.
In reply to Ron Evers, 8 months ago

Ron Evers wrote:

kcamacho11 wrote:

Look up the definition of "quality", and you might see a picture of that lens.

Think so? Check out this thread:

http://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=56256

-- hide signature --

The wood is clear between the knots.

I always like to give every post a benefit of the doubt and would also like to think that a lens no matter the designation of PRO or otherwise was built to last.  I also seem to always see the random posts come up here such as tripod threads pulling out of the EM5 and paint chipping off and all the various complaints yet seldom do they turn into the outbreaks that seem eminent.

We will see where this leads and if it is a product wide problem like the bezel on the tilt screen I will trust that the manufacturer will support the buyers.

All that being said my EM5 that supposedly had all the issues and more that I mentioned is still playing well with others 18 months later, and the images thus far in the LCD taken with the new 12-40 are as good as any other lens I have used on m4/3 and the performance seems on par with any professional zoom I have shot with.

i am not undermining what is a legitimate broken lens, but before we all run from the falling sky lets get the facts and see the outcome and actions of Olympus.

-- hide signature --

Here's to learning something new everyday, and remembering it the next.

lambert4's gear list:lambert4's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow