Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andrewteee
Senior MemberPosts: 2,362Gear list
Like?
The Nikon Df is the Nikon Df
9 months ago

It seems a lot of folks wish the Df was the next D300 or D700 or D9000 or whatever. For them, I hope they get their camera someday, honestly. I hope they get what they are looking for. But for me the Df is amazingly fantastic. My first Nikon DSLR and a great tool for what I like to photograph.

But it seems to me that people don't seem to realize that the D in Df is not followed by numbers. It is clearly not meant as a replacement for those cameras. It is entirely unique and new and I believe that it can only be considered in that respect.

If you need the D4, buy the D4, if you need the D800, buy the D800, if you need more than these can provide then hold out because surely they will arrive.

But me, I'm thankful that the Df is here. It is unlike any other DSLR (FF or whatever) available today. Complain if you will, but at least you have that. The other option is that Nikon pump out yet another highly capable but relatively standard DSLR. In this case they did not and I applaud them.

Choice is good. At least I think so.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Ricoh GXR A12 50mm F2.5 Macro Pentax K-3 HD Pentax DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +1 more
Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon D90 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow