Price Drop ($672) for GR but not Coolpix A

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
technic
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,694Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon dropped the Coolpix A's other shoe.
In reply to Harold66, 4 months ago

Harold66 wrote:

well in France and Belgium ( not sure about the rest of Europe) the Nikon A had dropped a lot and is basically same price as Ricoh GR

As mentioned above, in Netherlands they have been the same price too (around EUR 700) from about October, when both were available.

Currently the GR is slightly cheaper at a few dealers, those are probably special offers for the end of the year. My impression is that both are selling in very small numbers. Most dealers don't sell them at all, and if they do just a few accessories are available. My guess is that the same pricing policy applies for a good part of the Eurozone.

I think there is a lot of room for discounts with these cameras when they can sell more than initially planned; the production cost must be relatively small (but the development cost relatively high), probably similar to the average quality compact. The consumer price will depend strongly on marketing strategy (and if/when other directly competing cameras arrive on the scene).

technic's gear list:technic's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$635New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow