Firmware upgrade to X-E1 bricked my camera!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LincolnB
Senior MemberPosts: 3,679Gear list
Like?
Firmware upgrade to X-E1 bricked my camera!
9 months ago

Just kidding, the upgrade went fine without a hitch.

I just picked up a lightly-used X-E1 from Amazon, with a firmware version of 1.06. The update deleted all of my settings just as it said it would. That's okay, I'd only changed a few things in the short time I'd played with it. One of them was to shoot in RAW, which I forgot about until halfway through yesterday's shoot. The "shoot without lens" option threw me for a loop also - for the second time! (I'm shooting with Nikon AI lenses on an adapter, no X-system lenses.) Eventually I got it all sorted out.

Read The Fine Manual
I made sure to charge the battery fully and to format the SD card with the camera beforehand.

Looking forward to more time playing with the X-E1. There's a lot of details to get used to yet. So far I'm pleased with the high ISO performance, shooting up to ISO 4000, which really wasn't a useful option with my other camera.

Nikkor 35mm @ f/2, ISO 4000, 1/40th shutter

LincolnB's gear list:LincolnB's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Fujifilm X-E1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow