Have your say: the WORST DSLR of 2013 (with poll this time)

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 6,110Gear list
Like?
Have your say: the WORST DSLR of 2013 (with poll this time)
10 months ago

I nominate Canon SL1/100D.

It is basically t2i released 4 years ago (same 18 mpix sensor with minor modification of non-working OSPDAF for the cost of slightly worse performance, same ~4 fps, same or very similar pentamirror 95% 0.87x viewfinder, same screen, same shutter) but with significantly reduced battery life, weaker flash, mono mic instead of stereo and horribly unergonimic grip which is impossible to grip (too small) but also impossible to cradle in the base of the palm like a compact (too thick).

Other candidates would include:

Canon's own T5i (definitely in the running being just a reissue of the 2012 T4i, but better battery life, better flash and articulated screen save it from the ultimate embarrassment);

Pentax k-500 (but much better battery life, good ergonomics, better flash, 2 control dials, 1/600 shutter and pentaprism VF exclude it from the competition);

Nikon D5300 (better battery life, better flash, articulated screen, better sensor and GPS save it).

POLL
Canon SL1 (100D)
49.6% 62  votes
Canon T5i (700D)
32.0% 40  votes
Nikon D5300
9.6% 12  votes
Pentax k-500
8.8% 11  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow