Selecting a camera from the past - Show your E-510 Images...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,190Gear list
Like?
Selecting a camera from the past - Show your E-510 Images...
9 months ago

Yes, it's me again - sigh...I know, I know.

But why not. Another wonderful Olympus camera that quite a few folks obtained, was the E-510. So I'd (well, actually....we) would love to see some of your finer images taken with that camera.

To begin with, I've selected a bunch of images that were taken in Mt. Airy, North Carolina. Mt. Airy, the home of the famous television actor, Andy Griffith, was the model used for the fictional town of Mayberry. In fact, when you go downtown to the old section of Mt. Airy, you will still see Floyd's barber shop (The original Floyd is in his 90's today and still occasionally cuts hair). Included are some images taken on top of Pilot Mountain. In the TV show, Sheriff Andy and Barney often referred to "Mt. Pilot," as being a destination place and home to many fictional relatives. Well, Pilot Mountain is located just 15 minutes from Mt. Airy. We live only one hour and 30 minutes from Mt. Airy - so much to see there (plus some nice restaurants and wineries in that neck of the woods).

All of these E-510 images were shot in RAW and converted with ACR. All were shot in Aperture Priority Mode, AWB, ISO 100-1600, and the Zuiko 14-54 lens was attached.

Enjoy...

A downtown Mt. Airy street scene

Another scene from downtown Mt. Airy.

Floyd's barbershop - the one that served as the model for the barber shop on the Andy Griffith Show. This one was there since the 1940's.

They still keep a variety of these old 1960's police cars (like on the TV show) to ride sightseers around town.

A scene from Wally's service station and repair. I didn't see "Goober" that day...too bad.

Sitting on the porch area of Wally's Service Station. Imagine what it was like, sitting here in the 50's, just gossiping about town stuff - things were simpler then.

Some of the typical stores and restaurants you'll find in Mt. Airy.

Another typical store found there.

One of the traditional soda fountain places in Mt. Airy. I had the best Root Beer float I ever had in this place.

Standing at one of the many look out points on top of the Pilot Mountain area.

Another Pilot Mountain look out area.

After entering the front gate area of Shelton Vineyards. Shelton Vineyards is located in Dobson, NC, which is just 15 minutes from Mt. Airy. It is the largest family owned winery in North Carolina and have a superb selection of traditional European style wines.

One of the half-dozen wine tasting areas at Shelton Vineyards.

The Cabernet Savignon "rest" area below ground.....

This is the Black Wolf Vineyards restaurant and wine tasting area.

A typical seating area inside the Black Wolf Winery and Restaurant.

A 2nd floor scene at the Black Wolf Winery Restaurant area.

A scene from inside the Surry County Historical Museum, located in Mt. Airy, NC.

Another Surry County museum scene.

Another Surry County museum scene.

Looking out of the window of the top floor of the Surry County Museum in Mt. Airy, NC.

Here's a typical scene from over a dozen Antique and Knick-Knack stores found in Mt. Airy.

Thanks for looking

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +26 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow