Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jayweh32
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
New camera vs new lens
9 months ago

I need help of the professionals.  My current setup is the Lumix G3 with 14-42 kit lens and the 20mm (which is my personal favorite slow focus and all).

I am looking for a lens that would be good for portraits and indoor gym scenes.

I have done some search on here but can not find any information close to what I am looking for.  I have my eyes set on the Olympus em 1 12-40 combo but I am unable to purchase both at this moment.  So my question is should I just buy a new lens and skip on the body until I can find a good used deal on the body.  This is what I am more keen to doing, but the question now becomes which lens do I get?

Knowing that I will eventually be switching to the Olympus body how would the 12-40 work on the Lumix g3 or any Panasonic cameras.  Looking for opinions from someone who also maybe considering running this on a Panasonic body.

Or

Do I skip the 12-40 and just get the Panasonic 12-35?  I really like the close focus ability of the 12-40 btw.

Or

Do I just get the Panasonic 35-100?  This one I can see myself using on either body but for what I want right now the focal length maybe too long (indoor sports etc).  Olympus rumored tele lens is a bit bigger physically than I would want as an everyday walk about lens.

Thank you for all your help. Site is full of information.

jayweh32's gear list:jayweh32's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Canon Pixma Pro-100
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow