Olympus E-M1 focus peaking is extremely laggy?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
tgutgu
Senior MemberPosts: 3,182Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus E-M1 focus peaking is extremely laggy?
In reply to Clyzm, 8 months ago

Yes, Wehen using focus peaking, the EVF becomes a bit laggy and it looses contrast. However, that does not disturb at all, because when I set the focus, composition is usually finished, and I don't move the camera a lot afterwards. Also, focus peaking is only engaged when you turn the focus ring, as I have set up my E-M1. After pressing the shutter half, the EVF image returns to normal. The slightly lower contrast image with focus peaking active helps to recognize the contours.

On the contrary, I find the focus peaking contour display in Sony cameras too disruptive.

To me Olympus has found an excellent way to implement focus peaking. It is not meant to be always on, as the view finder is so excellent for focusing anyway so that it is needed only in special situations.

So, for me, no problem with it.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow