Should we trust the reviews of the owners of older generation cameras?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
droid56
Regular MemberPosts: 123
Like?
Should we trust the reviews of the owners of older generation cameras?
10 months ago

In the Canon Powershot forum, I've noticed that most of the posters critical of the G16 or the S120 currently own a previous generation of these two Canon lines.

My question is whether I should trust their opinion?  Are they biased because of their affection for their little darling Canon previous generation camera?  When I read the professional reviews, and when I examine the scene comparisons on this site and the camera comparometer, the two Canon generations look pretty well equal in IQ, unless you are inclined to split very fine hairs. Statements are made by owners of a previous generation, but no image comparisons of what the two G or S generation provide are provided to show how the old ones are better.  Just opinions stated.

Is this a bias seen with Canon cameras, but also with Nikon, Olympus, and Sony cameras?

Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot S120
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow