GX7 Lens Review on DxO

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
gteague
Contributing MemberPosts: 956Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 Lens Review on DxO
In reply to jhinkey, 9 months ago

you're right, i apologize. got focal length dyslexia for some reason. too many equivalency computations you have to run through nowadays with all the sensor sizes. in my long ago world of film you had many film sizes but very few lenses with any formats other than 35mm and 2-1/4, so it wasn't that difficult to keep everything straight. [g]

yeah, i've only ever seen that lens in books and catalogs although i once tried to use the leitz system. i found out that their very vaunted rangefinders weren't and thus the illusion was shattered. i saved up for years to finally buy into that system and it crushed me to find out their reputation was all marketing and myth--or at least it was by the time i got there.

/guy

-- hide signature --

"The world is going to pieces and people like Adams and Weston are photographing rocks!" ~Henri Cartier-Bresson

gteague's gear list:gteague's gear list
Sony RX100 RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow