Concerned ...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
MoBokeh
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: Concerned ...
In reply to Vlasty, 9 months ago

In case you're not aware of it Vlasty, on the G6 and GX-7(don't know about other models) you can adjust the aspect ratio in the viewfinder(1:1, 3:2, 4:3 and 16:9 are the options) so you don't have to crop in post processing.  You are correct, however, that for 3:2 you are using a smaller part of the sensor, but that smaller part is still a lot larger than the 1" sensor on the 1 series Nikons.  I find it a lot of fun trying out the different aspect ratios.  Recently, I've been using 1:1 quite a bit and find it a good choice for certain subjects and situations.....Instagram not included.

The new Lumix GX-7 has a fastest shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second, as does the new Olympus EM-1.

Btw, the G6 and GX-7 also have wi-fi and can connect to your android smart phone via NFC if your phone supports it.  All kinds of possibilities here.

Did I mention the fantastic touch screen?

Well, I'm sure everyone's had enough MFT talk on this thread by now......so back to your regular scheduled programming.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow