Concerned ...

Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
New MemberPosts: 13
Re: Concerned ...
In reply to Vlasty, Dec 20, 2013

In case you're not aware of it Vlasty, on the G6 and GX-7(don't know about other models) you can adjust the aspect ratio in the viewfinder(1:1, 3:2, 4:3 and 16:9 are the options) so you don't have to crop in post processing.  You are correct, however, that for 3:2 you are using a smaller part of the sensor, but that smaller part is still a lot larger than the 1" sensor on the 1 series Nikons.  I find it a lot of fun trying out the different aspect ratios.  Recently, I've been using 1:1 quite a bit and find it a good choice for certain subjects and situations.....Instagram not included.

The new Lumix GX-7 has a fastest shutter speed of 1/8000th of a second, as does the new Olympus EM-1.

Btw, the G6 and GX-7 also have wi-fi and can connect to your android smart phone via NFC if your phone supports it.  All kinds of possibilities here.

Did I mention the fantastic touch screen?

Well, I'm sure everyone's had enough MFT talk on this thread by back to your regular scheduled programming.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow