Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PaulV
Contributing MemberPosts: 759
Like?
Caveat Emptor with eBay
9 months ago

I generally have good luck buying and selling with ebay, but not always. I once sold a 70-180 micro nikkor and the buyer engaged in fraud. Took me months to recover my money and I'm lucky I followed procedures while sending that lens.

I recently bought a 28-70 2.8 - a lens I love - and I absolutely believe the buyer was reputable, but it was wonky early on after I bought it - no communication intermittently with the camera and no focus, on and off. Just sent it off to Melville and heard back to the tune of over 400 dollars in repairs. I'm authorizing it, as the lens was a pretty good price originally, but I now wish I had bought from KEH or somebody else with a warranty.

I half thought that perhaps Melville was being over-zealous, but I have generally had good luck with them, too. Except for that botched 17-35 repair years ago. They re-did it three times, never worked, and finally replaced the lens entirely.

So, why am I posting here? I don't know. I guess you are the only people who might understand.

Sigh.

-- hide signature --

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow