Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CeeDee
Regular MemberPosts: 347Gear list
Like?
DP3M Bounce Flash
7 months ago

Got my Sigma DP3M by delivery today and have tested the basic functions. Since I am considering to use this camera for portraits, I wanted to know how it worked with off body flash. Normally I shoot with Pentax, but the longing for a medium format Pentax or a D800E isn't yet in my price range. So I thought I try the Sigma DP3M.

Tripod, manual mode, manual focus, RAW and in this case I have used an iShoot Radio trigger and receiver connected to an Yongnnuo YN560-III, also in manual mode bounced to the ceiling.

I am surprised how natural the colors look, since there was no light other than the flash. Converted in SPP 5.5 to TIFF 16bit and then in LR5.3 with only the most minor adjustments into JPG.

No other camera I had so far could display as detailed 100% view as this little brick do and the bokeh doesn't leave much more to wish for

Greetings

/Christian

View in 100% for detail

CeeDee's gear list:CeeDee's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha 7
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow