ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DCooper
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
G6 Wifi app question before purchase please
8 months ago

Hi

I was wondering if I could please get some advice on the G6 and the reliability of the Panasonic image app with the WIFI remote control feature.

I have a GH2 and am considering upgrading to the G6 because of this WiFi function, as most of the photography I do is at home on a tripod. I have a disability and I’d like to use a 10 inch tablet to work with.

On the itunes/android app stores, I have read some pretty poor reviews on the Panasonic image app, with problems with WIFI connection and one person saying that they were unable to view Raw images on their android device. I’m more concerned with using the remote control app to shoot raw images, so because of what the person said in his review, I was wondering whether this is possible? However have you guys had problems viewing Raw images on your device?

I will also be investing in a tablet, (maybe a Nexus 10) mainly for this purpose, so I need to know whether the WiFi connection from the G6, and the app, is of satisfactory quality.

Thanks in advance.

D

DCooper's gear list:DCooper's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 Macro
ANSWER:
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow