Dad buying a 6d...what lens for both Christmas and Disneyland?

Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
amrot
Forum MemberPosts: 54
Like?
Dad buying a 6d...what lens for both Christmas and Disneyland?
Dec 19, 2013

I'm planning to upgrade from a 60d + 17-55 to a 6d + ?. I also have the 50 1.8 and 85 1.8. I am primarily upgrading for better low-light performance (IQ too, but to a lesser extent).

All I want to do is get great pics of my kids. I'm not buying this ONLY for Christmas morning and Disneyland, but those two events do a pretty good job covering the types of shooting situations I often find myself in.

I don't want to spend more than the 6d kit with the 24-105 (currently $2,084).

That kit seems like the best VALUE, but I'm wonder if the f4 might not give me a huge low-light advantage from my current kit, and I should buy the body for $1,500 and pick a different lens.

The body + 35 f2 might be a good option, but that's not as versatile.

The body + 40 pancake (or my 50) is interesting and could tie me over till I adjust to the new body, but I wonder if cheaper lenses defeat some of the purpose of a full frame camera (maybe my perception isn't reality there).

The 24-70 2.8 I or II is probably perfect, but it's too expensive (too big too?).

I appreciate any suggestions. I know this has been kicked around (I've read a bunch of similar threads), but everyone's situation is unique, so I thought I'd throw out my own unique situation for ideas.

Thanks!

Aaron

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow