Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jamesbond6668
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list
Like?
Super sweet lens sharp at all settings!
7 months ago

Other photographers would tell me over and over to get the Nikkor 70-200. For years I'd used the Nikkor 28-300 3.5-5.6 and was perfectly happy with it and it was great to have that super range of zoom. But after trying out the 70-200 I was hooked! It has a beautiful look and feel to the shots. I love the look it gives models…making them a bit slimmer. The focus is tack sharp at all settings and everything is clear, colors are vibrant. The bokeh (Blurring of backgrounds) is fantastic and that is the main reason I love this lens, well, and the fact that all the parallel lines of buildings etc…stay straight and are not warping as with a wide angle lens.

If you have room when shooting to back up away from your subject, use this lens! If you can't back up at a shoot then stick with the 24-70 2.8.

I recently got an inexpensive teleconverter for use with this lens to make it a 2x or 400mm zoom. Still experimenting with this and will update my findings here on DPreview.

Check out my blog, scroll down to post #8 to ready about all the cameras I've owned over the years!

(I need to add lenses to that list.)

http://masterphotographyblog.blogspot.com

-- hide signature --

www.afreemanphotography
www.slambangmedia.com
find me on FB: afreemanphotography

Jamesbond6668's gear list:Jamesbond6668's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Nikon D4 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Jamesbond6668's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow