ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
kcorson
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
A77 or A99??
10 months ago

All,

I've been rummaging around here for a couple of days and really would like some advice. I currently own an A55 and really like it. I have been saving to upgrade and am undecided between the A77 or the full frame A99. Any advice? I typically shoot landscapes and wildlife, but am interested in trying out some night photography such as light painting and/or star trails as a background to landscapes. I've read that the A77 isn't so good at high ISOs, but what about long exposures at low ISO?

Also, I understand the benefits and drawbacks of a full frame such as DOF, longer lenses to get the same magnification as a crop sensor, and the opposite with wide angles. Will I really get that much better light sensitivity with lower noise if I go the full frame option?? Just trying to decide if I can justify the extra $$ for the full frame or if I should even be trying to justify, especially with the deals I've seen recently for the A77.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow