Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jonathan Brady
Senior MemberPosts: 1,008Gear list
Like?
Need help RE: 70D + printer bundle
4 months ago

I've gone back and forth many times debating whether to purchase this: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1017622-REG/canon_eos_70d_dslr_camera.html

Most will buy this and try and sell the printer and paper to reduce their net investment but I'm interested in it because I'd actually like to print some of my images.

A common phrase you'll hear is "the ink is where they'll get ya!".  I just looked and it costs about $120-125 to purchase an 8 pack of ink cartridges for the printer.  What I'm curious to know is:

• Are the included starter ink cartridges full?  If not, does anyone know what the ink level is?  (1/4?  1/2?)
  • How long can the printer sit between pictures with no ill effects on the cartridges?
  • How many full size images (13x19) can I print from this printer before the ink runs out and needs to be replaced?  I realize each picture uses a different amount of differing inks - just looking for a ballpark figure here.

I ask because most places I go to have images printed assure me the cost of owning a printer simply isn't worth it.  For me, I don't mind breaking even or spending a little extra - I want the convenience of being able to print my own images on demand in my home.  At the same time, if I'm paying substantially more per print I'll just keep doing what I'm doing now and print them elsewhere.

Obviously with this bundle, the printer, first pack of paper, and ink included in the printer is all free due to the rebate so I'm ahead of the game to start.  But is the cost of ownership going to get to be too high, too quick?

Thanks for any help!!!!

Jonathan Brady's gear list:Jonathan Brady's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +7 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow