Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Peter Marchant
Regular MemberPosts: 290Gear list
Like?
Strange 70D Behaviour with Internal Flash
10 months ago

I needed to take some low-light internal shots last night to record window leaks in the gale.

I set to A+ for simplicity, but the flash would neither raise itself, nor could it be raised by pressing the flash button – how strange?

I then tried using P and again the flash wouldn’t raise itself despite a speed of ¼ second. However I could now raise it by pressing the flash button and the flash fired OK.

Because I needed to hold the camera above my head I opened the LCD and switched to Live View – still in P. Now with the flash open, it would not fire – how very strange?

Can anyone explain? Fault with camera, or fault with operator?  Hopefully the latter, but I can't find anything in the Manual to say that flash is turned off in Live View.

Thanks

Peter

Peter Marchant's gear list:Peter Marchant's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 +7 more
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow