Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
BolleDuc
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?
Re: It was quite a battle.
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 7 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Ron Evers wrote:

...I bought the camera on my Visa I had a year extended warranty administered by Allianz Global Assistance....

It is my opinion they have no intention of paying out for legitimate claims, hoping folks will just give up if they give you the run-around.

I post this to show the folks here, you need to keep every scrap of documentation, if you hope to collect on a credit card extended warranty & don't let them beat you down with the run-around policy.

For balance, I had a camera fall on a marble floor months after purchasing it and American Express paid for a replacement with a very reasonable amount of documentation required.

It was a very legitimate claim and I had never made one before in the years I have been with them.

This experience likely varies from card to card and from card issuer to card issuer.

Amex is a class act, I'm not surprised by your positive experience. I've never made an insurance claim with them but I consistently purchase with my Amex for that very reason or at least that expectation of truly good customer service. It's good to hear my faith isn't misplaced. I never feel that Amex outsources taking care of their customers.

No connection, just a happy customer.

Paul

-- hide signature --

Dilettante - my hobby is buying & selling cameras not photography!
Panasonic GX7, Olympus E-PL5, Panasonic GX1 & Canon S90 (IR Converted 590nm)

BolleDuc's gear list:BolleDuc's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Canon PowerShot S90 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow