Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
Chevrolet has nothing to offer in Europe
8 months ago

GM has decided to phase out their sales under the Chevrolet label in Europe, their market share of slightly less than 1%, as well as the absence of anything really sexy to sell, will lead to a retreat from the market to be completed in 2016.

GM owns Opel and Vauxhall, two labels which, due to a total absence of innovation, are not doing so well either.
Some people in management have hopes on selling Corvettes and Cadillacs but these vehicles do not really appeal to the market, they're curiosities and no competition to anyone.

Ford does much better, it uses the notion of world-cars with only minor cosmetic differences between regions and has stylists and engineers who seem able to come up with vehicles which please most people.

I drive a Ford Focus diesel which is reliable, has a decent look and provides the level of comfort I like. Mine was made in Spain.

A link for the linguists :

http://www.leparisien.fr/automobile/constructeurs/automobile-chevrolet-renonce-a-vendre-en-europe-05-12-2013-3379653.php

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow