Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lkyknine
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
RX100 buzzing/vibration continuously...
Dec 19, 2013

I just received my RX100 this week. All was well and I was loving the pictures. Then the camera started "buzzing with a vibration" as soon as it is turned on. It continues buzzing regardless of the zoom setting, aperture, autofocus mode....single/continuous/manual/.... The only way to stop the buzzing is to tip the camera so the lens is pointed up or down; as soon as the lens reaches a near level position the buzzing starts again. It sounds and feels like the problem is coming from the lower, left area of the camera.

I've removed the battery and reset the camera to default settings. Neither had any effect on the buzzing.

I am able to 1/2 press the shutter button, focus and take photos, but the sound/vibration is definitely no right.

I did find one reference in this forum about a buzzing which sounds like my problem. Nothing else in any searches.

Anyone have any ideas, other than return it and try another RX100? Certainly doesn't sound like it is even a seldom noted problem.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow