If you have a little time available...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
mariomirabile
Senior MemberPosts: 1,280Gear list
Like?
Re: If you have a little time available...
In reply to veroman, 10 months ago

... the site itself is missing "excitement," for want of a better word.

Ah well, it's probably a bit like me in that respect. I'm not a web developer and don't really want to become one, so I'm using a development platform/host called Squarespace. I've seen some much more dynamic sites created with Squarespace, so I'm sure it can be done, but I don't know how much you have to move away from the standard design templates and inject your own code to do it. As I said, it's a work in progress so hopefully it will look a little less dull as time goes by. One advantage at least is that it's clean, simple and (hopefully) easy to navigate.

Two things I know I would change: one is the yellow background (which I find contributes to the lack of excitement; not sure what color to recommend) and the type font that you use for your copyright watermark on each photo. It's not a contemporary font. Makes your site look like it was put up years ago.

I've tried a few different colors, and that yellow seem to be the least intrusive. That, and the font are not fixed in stone. I wanted to come up with a workable basic design and layout to start with that would allow me to get some content in quickly.

Here's a web site that I always find has that "excitement" I speak of:

http://ohsobeautifulpaper.com/

It's my youngest daughter's site. She's very talented. I'm very proud of her.

She certainly is, and so you should be.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow